Monday, August 31, 2009

Getting Started

I've wanted to write a book for a long time about all the funny and crazy things that happen in the pharmacy, but I'm not an author. It wasn't until I read my friends blog, that I realized this is something I could do! Nice short entries and I have a few years experience in the pharmacy now. Shouldn't be too difficult- I hope....

Maybe I will start with a little about me. I am 30, married and have 2 dogs, no kids (yet?). I love my career. I work at a little independent pharmacy in the suburbs with some of the best co-workers anyone could ask for. Yep. Ive got it pretty good. That's not to say there are not bad days, but I'm certainly not the angry pharmacist. Which is good, because there is already a blog for that....

So an acquaintance of mine (who happens to be a pharmacist as well) just had an embarrassing day. I'm not sure what happened, but it made me think of an embarrassing day at work I once had.

Three people drop off a prescription, one adult with 2 teenage children. My tech gets everything ready, I check it and head to the counter. It was for a male name, lets say Tom Something. So I head over to the counter where just the 2 teenage kids (don't know where mom is at this point) are waiting. I'm debating which one is Tom when teen A leans forward all interested. This is where I assume. Don't assume. You know that stupid saying about assume? Its frickin' true sometimes. I start yapping to teen A about how to use your prescription and "you might feel blah blah blah", when teen A says:

"I am NOT Tom! I am a GIRL".

Recover from that and stay professional you sad sad pharmacist!

1 comment:

  1. hooray - I look forward to reading your blog and hearing all your fun stories :P

    ReplyDelete